My three main men from Collectormania 18

My three main men from Collectormania 18

Wednesday 11 July 2012

....a quickie (no, not like that)

Ok, off to bed soon but I'm just had to come on here as I really want to maintain my 'at-least-once-a-week' attempt at blogging.

Kittens. Since my last post and my divine inspiration my kitten is indeed now called 'Angel'. She is actually Angel Crystal Uhura Le Heuze. Angel and Crystal are self-explanatory....interests of mine. Uhura was inspired by my meeting with Nichelle Nichols and the 'tear-in-the-eyes' moment during her talk about Dr Martin Luther King. It really made my weekend at the convention but I will write about that in a dedicated blog about Collectormania 18, 2012.

We did go to 'The West Show' on the Sunday. We didn't go together as a family on the saturday but the weather was so bad maybe that was a good thing. Chayton and I went on the Sunday afternoon. But before that we went to the kid's Aunty Joy's 50th birthday Meal at Corbiere Phare. Chay had already been picked up and then I was given a lift by my friend Danielle who also happens to be the Mum of Chay's good mate Noah, who came with us. After the meal our friend Jill picked up myself, Chayton and Noah and we went to West Show just in time for the Horse stunt show which I was especially excited about. But it was cancelled because of the state of the field, ripped up by the tractors and muddified by the rain and soil.  Wow, I've never been to a festival but can kind of understand what they're like now. I wore flipflops on purpose as I didn't want to wreck any shoes or boots (don't have wellies) and the flipflops are easy to clean. Wow...I'm surprised I stayed upright..with great difficulty. I was slipping all over the place but not just the soles of my shoes in the mud...but also slipping my feet from the shoes. Wow....so squelchy...but quite nice. lol. I kept reminding people that some spend a fortune for expensive mud treatments. The smell of manure was off putting though...not knowing what we were standing in lol. But you can wash your feet so...oh well.

We watched the Terrier racing and the kids had a go. Some parents didn't let their kids have a go for fear of their clothes I'm sure but I just enjoyed the look on the kids faces....the sooooooo enjoyed it and what's a bit of mud compared to the joy of our children.  I have them on video.

We then watched the Dancing Diggers. The were ok....I personally found it a bit boring....and the loud loud bangs from there special effect explosions scared the bejesus out of me. Didn't enjoy that part. And then we squelched our way back to the car, via the candyfloss stall of course.

This week....work on Monday to make up for missing Wednesday. Then again on Tuesday. Today was our 'Building Blocks' course run by Sally of 'Work Matters'. Found it quite interesting actually. Back again tomorrow morning. That reminds me...haven't done my homework for that. Ooops. Will do it now before bed.

So much for a short post lol.

Until next time folks xxx

Love and Light xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment